The Alternate-Universe Hoax & Arthur C. Clarke
Tract #7 in the Treasures For Science-Fiction Followers series
Version 1d, July 19, 2006. Copyright 2006 by Roddy Kenneth Street, Jr.
Copyright 2006 by Roddy Kenneth Street, Jr. All publication rights and mass-reproduction rights are reserved to the author, but internet users are given permission to duplicate this digital file and distribute it without alteration to friends, relatives, neighbors, co-workers, and acquaintances. Distribution is encouraged, and the file may even be printed out on paper for paper copies, but the text must remain unaltered and the total number of printed copies for each individual tract should not exceed 10,000 unless you have gotten permission in writing from Roddy Kenneth Street, Jr. or a surviving member of his family. You may contact Ken Street (RKSJ) by e-mail using the web-mail addresses that follow: firstname.lastname@example.org, or email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org. Many more free teaching tracts by Roddy Kenneth Street, Jr. will be found at the internet sites WorldwideChristianTracts.net, OnlineChristianTracts. org, and Christian-Tracts. net. This note must be retained on all duplicate copies that you make.
Children of Earth, we know that most of you have been for many years of your lives on Earth very great fans of the Science-Fiction Dreamers. Such concepts are now prevalent everywhere on Earth— in every nation, in every university and college, and even in many seminaries. The Science-Fiction Dreamers have created a fantasy world for themselves as the real world degenerates and falls into chaos, and their world-view is altogether based on the premises of Humanism and Upward Evolution. Their world-view is now predominant in popular literature, in cinema, in television programming, and even in computer games.
Arthur Clarke is another major proponent of science-fiction, and he wrote a great many science-fiction novels that I have also read, just like many other people who are former or current followers of what is called “the science-fiction genre” of literature. In all of these s-f books, he seeks to promote his own evolutionary viewpoint regarding the Universe, even while he believes himself to be scientifically “unbiased” and objective. He believed himself objective, but he nevertheless used all these science-fiction books to promote a new anti-Christian mythology, and he offered it to the world as a substitute for the traditional concepts of the Christian religion.
As an alternative to a Heaven above the Earth, Clarke imagines a fabulous Space of the future, and a space-traveling humanity gets to explore a galaxy almost as marvelous as anything that was imagined for Heaven by the previous generations. As an alternative to gods and angels, Clarke offers the reader those Super-powerful and Super-intelligent Alien Beings that come from outer space to make contact with humanity.
Interestingly, God Almighty, the Creator of our Universe, has already been busy making contacts with the humanity that lives on our planet Earth for many thousands of years, and yet Arthur Clarke, it seems, did not find ever find God’s efforts to communicate really credible. The God Who is there and Who communicates with humanity is a concept that somehow escapes Clarke’s grasp. The idea of a Creator God Who communicates with His Creation is apparently too amazing for the evolution-worshiping Mr. Clarke, so he does not even attempt to conceive of such a being.
Yet it is interesting to note that, despite this “failure of imagination” when it comes to the matter of conceptualizing God, the industrious Mr. Arthur Clarke can easily conceive, in his many s-f stories and s-f novels, all manner of alien creatures who may reside in the uncharted depths of “outer space,” and he can easily imagine them seeking to communicate with humanity!
It is also interesting to note that Isaac Asimov and Arthur Clarke each produced a particular short story which could be called an ironic parody based on the concept of an apocalypse, and the two stories helped to make each of them famous: Asimov’s story was called Nightfall and Clarke’s was The Nine Billion Names Of God. Yet neither of them found themselves able to conceive the great Apocalypse which God Almighty Himself has predicted in the pages of God’s Book.
It is perhaps not commonly known that Arthur Clarke’s separation from his wife Marilyn, after only a few short months of marriage, was triggered by his admission that he didn’t believe in God or Christmas— a fact which he unveiled for her just as the Christmas season approached in 1953. Though there were incompatibility problems even before that incident, it was the shock of the knowledge that her husband was an atheist which led Marilyn to leave her husband.
Though they lived together only a few months, Clarke’s marriage to Marilyn lasted for a full ten years as a legal reality. It’s a sad story, and I was informed of this as I read a biography of Arthur Clarke in a previous year.
You may perhaps wonder, as I do, as to whether his one-time wife, an American Presbyterian, could perhaps have become a valuable tool for his conversion to the Christian faith. . . if only she had remained with him longer, and if she had untiringly tried to win him over. If only she had been able to win him over to the faith of our American fathers, the founders of the United States, Clarke might have instead done some great work for the side of Scientific Creationism!
But I’m sure his wife felt very ill-equipped to debate with this “scientific” intellectual, whenever he brought forth another display of brilliance and acumen in the defense of his own Evolutionism. That is undoubtedly why she chose, instead, to simply leave him.
That possibility for Clarke’s conversion was there, but it never became a reality. This, I’m sure, is a matter of great sadness for God above. As you know, it is a grievous fault for any human being to neglect the assigned duty of winning others to the Truth. Even if those persons are extremely hard to reach.
But like God, we can indeed wish that his wife Marilyn had somehow been able to entice Arthur away from the realms of Science Fantasy, and thereby to even win Arthur over to the Science Truth of God.
I can very well recall Arthur Clarke’s book The City And The Stars, which I read while inside my little tent, in September 1975, during the four weeks I spent in England. This occurred at the very onset of my seven-month expedition through Europe and Israel. It was at the very beginning of my first big expedition abroad.
It was that book which first provided me with a science-fictional parallel to the Nikos Kazantzakis’ concept of universal apotheosis— a bizarre idea which I had previously absorbed from Kazantzakis’ book The Saviors Of God. Both of the two writers had conceived an evolutionary universe which must transmute itself into God. But in the case of Arthur Clarke’s s-f book, it was the living beings of his alternative universe who were in the process of CREATING GOD, by themselves becoming a super-intelligence with all the powerful attributes of God.
Had I not been so receptive to Clarke’s science-fiction novel entitled The City And The Stars, I might not have become so thoroughly immersed in my own New Age prophecy writings, which were produced soon after (with much emotional intensity), while I visited the island of Corfu in Greece.
The False Prophecy which I myself produced at that time, as a devoted Evolutionist, included my writings entitled The New Genesis, and Apotheosis, and Proclamation To Earth. I am well aware of the great influence of Nikos Kazantzakis upon those earlier writings that I produced, but I am likewise very aware of the impact which Clarke and all his fellow s-f writers have had upon me.
They had thoroughly indoctrinated me to their own anti-Christian faith, which is a religion that can only be called Evolutionism.
Significantly, in one of his later science-fiction novels, to be entitled 3001: The Final Odyssey, Arthur Clarke foresees a future in which all the religions of the Earth— including Christianity— have been “discredited” and have ceased to exist. In that s-f book, Clarke suggests that all religious systems are a kind of insanity, and that after another 1000 years, his own kind of “sanity” would at last prevail. Clarke’s idea of “sanity,” apparently, is the humanism and evolutionism that he has advocated for countless years in his own science-fiction novels.
But that’s enough for now about the fantastic world-view of the unbelievers — the humanists and the evolutionists who live daily in an unrealistic world of their own imagination. These dreamers live totally in a world of Illusion and Delusions. The gods and goals that they conceive for the Universe are merely figments of their own idle minds. They live in a world of darkness and dreams that is devoid of the Light of Jesus Christ. Their world is unreal, a product of their own overactive imaginations... not at all consistent with the Real Universe which God Almighty has created.
Before you continue onward to the next booklet in this series, we wish to explain for you the basic Truth of Reality... the Absolute Truth of God Almighty. We need to tell you that Jesus Christ is the Truth and the Light of the World— that’s why He is called the Word of God.
God The Father will never choose to terminate the existence of any soul, not even that of Darwin, Hitler, Marx, Stalin, Mao, or even the bloodiest and most depraved tyrant that our world has ever seen.
But... God can choose to pass out a judgement that will isolate the spirit of a sinner in the place of Outer Darkness (Hell) along with all the other wicked spirits of Earth, and alongside the demons of Hell. And this thing He will do. He sees this as merely sending them to their real Father, Satan... who is the Prince of Darkness and the Father of Lies.
The damned are the ones who have rejected the authority of the Father God and the authority of His Son. They never saw the face of God The Father that was so clearly revealed in the Son of God, and so they never chose to become a brother to Jesus Christ.
They never quite understood that the Righteous Face of Jesus was also the Face of their Creator. His Face reveals for us the Holy Nature of God The Father, Who declares to us that extremely sinful human beings must always be punished for their crimes... unless they find salvation in the blood sacrificed by Jesus.
His Son Jesus died in agony on a torturous wooden cross, a sacrifice Whom the Father regarded as a Sinless and Spotless Lamb, so that humans might have a route of escape from the due consequence of their sins.
You’ve heard the evolutionary explanation of Universal development for a great many years, with all of its elaborate details... ever since you were a child. You’ve surely encountered its advocates in every arena of the academic world and in every arena of everyday life. Its proponents are everywhere, and they have already proselytized much of the Earth. You are doubtless thoroughly accustomed to that way of thinking.
But what is the Biblical scheme of Earth's history and direction...? It’s the alternative explanation that God has given us in His Holy Scriptures.
A lot of people on our planet, even some Christian theologians, have tried to make the Bible compatible with their own evolutionary beliefs. But can that really be done? Such people reduce Biblical history to insignificance beside the enormity of their faith in the grand Theory of Evolution.
The Bible paints a very different picture concerning the history and future destiny of the Earth, and it is quite at odds with the beliefs of those who have faith in Evolution.
In the Holy Bible, God offers you a different and superior view of Earth’s development and its future fate. From the Holy Scriptures of the Bible we learn that Jesus Christ makes known to us the great secrets of the Universe— secrets not revealed on Earth from the time of Creation until the time of His arrival on our planet.
Here’s the Truth about the Universe, its progress, and God’s ultimate goal for the human race... the establishment of a paradise that God plans for the people of the Earth...
What is the Biblical scheme of Earth’s history and direction?
It’s a long-range plan by which God will transform and re-populate the planet Earth...
It's a vision of vast scope and mind-boggling predictions...
God's developmental plan for our Universe is an astounding program of transformations ...!
Here are 20 stages of ascent that should lead you to a genuine comprehension of your purpose and destiny in the Universe. These will help you to reach a higher level of consciousness, a lofty place where you will better understand of the history of the Earth and God’s goal for humanity...
1. A theme of WARFARE runs through the many books of the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation. We see evidence of angelic warfare, of historic military warfare between God's chosen people and the ungodly nations.
There are predictions of further warfare between the elect of Christ and the anti- Christian forces, and of a final great battle of Armageddon.
SPIRITUAL WARFARE devastates this planet until Christ's Kingdom comes !
2. A theme of APOCALYPTIC DESTRUCTION and RE-CREATION runs through the books of the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation. We see this in the Genesis record of Noah and the Great Flood, and in the predictions of the Old Testament prophets.
Jesus himself speaks of this in great detail as he is quoted in Mat. 24, Luke 17:24-37, and other places in the gospels. There are many such references in the epistles, and the final book, John's Revelation of Jesus Christ, is devoted almost exclusively to this subject.
3. A theme of the SURVIVAL OF A REMNANT who are loyal to God runs through the many books of the Bible, from Genesis to Revelation.
4. Rather than the Darwinian concept of "natural selection" and "survival of the fittest" (meaning the strongest) in a scheme of evolution, God's system of development is quite different!
God's plan is that there will be "DIVINE ELECTION" of all those who have chosen to accept His system of grace and mercy through Jesus Christ, and His plan calls for a "SURVIVAL OF THE LOYAL" instead.
5. In this scheme which God Himself has formulated, it is not the STRONGEST who survive, but rather the SUBMISSIVE!
(In this regard, it is certainly true that God can make the weak person become strong. But a person who is too strong and egotistical God may choose to crush, in order that he— or she— will be humbled and will become submissive to the will of God!)
6. God is continuously harvesting the Earth as His ever-progressing plan of DIVINE SELECTION goes forward, through a wise and millennia-long program of evaluation— through interminable testing of people and a very lengthy developmental process of SELECTING and REJECTING.
7. Thus, a theme of DIVINE SELECTION through a LONG-RANGE, millennia-spanning DEVELOPMENTAL PROGRAM becomes evident.
8. This calls for a MAJOR SHIFT IN THE WORLD-VIEW that is held by any individual.
It truly requires a COPERNICAN REVOLUTION IN THE MIND-SET of a human being.
9. You must comprehend with an entirely new way of looking at the Universe— for to be among the redeemed, to be among the survivors who are granted eternal life with God, you must place JESUS CHRIST AT THE CENTER OF YOUR UNIVERSE, in the very place where once YOUR OWN EGO had ruled supreme!
You need to put the Sun of Heaven inside your heart! Once He is there, He will illuminate your mind and all areas of the Universe with the bright Light of His Presence. His Light will be radiant in your face, in your life, and your actions. Just as Moses’ face was radiant after he was in the presence of God, the follower of Jesus reflects the brilliant Light of the Lord Christ! His Holy Spirit will be inside you forevermore, making you aware of His Lordship and His Truth... giving you eternal access to His Divine Wisdom.
10. To be among the rescued, you must be a part of the Chosen Remnant of humanity that God will save from the Old Earth. A person must first become a believer of God, one who believes all God's words (His open communication to the human race), as revealed through Holy Scriptures and through God's only true Son, Jesus Christ.
God will show us mercy and forgiveness of our sins only when we come to Him through the sacrificial death of His one true Son, Jesus. God has made provision for grace (leniency and forgiveness), but He offers it to us only via the substituted sacrifice of the Savior, Jesus Christ.
11. Jesus has willingly agreed, already, to receive all your preordained punishment, in order that you may be spared from the Judgment fate— a destination in Hell. That punishment is what a person's sinfulness will otherwise deserve. . . and it will be found inescapable. . . at the great Judgment Day of God, when God will ultimately evaluate and judge the deeds of all souls.
12. Any soul can be spared on the basis of God's own painful sacrifice, by a belief in the salvation God offers through His chosen Messiah, His only-begotten Son Jesus Christ.
Those souls that are spared will be the ones that have opened the door of the heart and have allowed Jesus Christ to come inside. Through His Holy Spirit, He can take up residence inside you as the New Center of the Universe. . . as a brilliant light at the center of the spiritual "solar system." After that, everything in the Universe will revolve around God in an orderly and logical fashion. The progress of the Universe, and of God’s Plan for it, will from that time forward seem logical and orderly to your mind.
13. Are you still living as the only focal point of an Earth-centered universe? It’s time for you to stop making this Earth the center of it all!
Could a Christ-in Revolution change your mind-set. . . and establish instead the reality of a God-centered Universe?
You can move away from humanism if you so desire, move on to a higher level where you worship the True God, the Creator of our Universe. Do you really believe that Man is the center of all things... the measure of all things? God is the One Who will ultimately measure and evaluate the deeds of every human being!
You need to put the Sun of Heaven inside your heart. Jesus Christ is “the Sun of Righteousness,” and through His Holy Spirit, He can put some of His righteousness inside you. More importantly, God credits the follower of Jesus Christ with the Holiness and Righteousness of His Son. You need to place Him on the throne of your heart, declaring Him to be “the Sun King” of your life!
14. The brilliant light of Jesus Christ can give you an "internal guidance system" for your heart. . . and this will provide orderly direction for the "planetary system" of your personal worldview.
When you put Jesus on a throne in your heart, He provides a warm "sun" for that great void in your internal universe, and it will then burn continuously to dispel all the darkness/ coldness that would exist there without His presence. After that, you will have a logical "solar system" for all the interactive elements of your life.
15. Those souls who are not to be spared on this basis (those who have rejected God's words, His truth, His light, and His sacrifice) will suffer eternal separation from God. They will be cast instead into what Jesus calls “the Outer Darkness.” They will be forced to endure an eternal separation from God and God's final achievement— the recreated Paradise that will then be revealed as His ultimate objective.
This will be a NEW EARTH produced by God for all those persons whom He has rescued (or harvested) from the present world. God will populate it with those He has chosen through His millennia-long DEVELOPMENTAL PROGRAM of DIVINE SELECTION.
16. This is God's final goal— His objective is to produce an entirely different world, a new and totally restructured world that will be vastly superior to this present world of distress and disorder, of countless evils and sin-produced chaos.
It is certain that the NEW EARTH will be immensely more pleasant than this present one, which will eventually be rejected and replaced!
17. You gain an Eternal Life with God when you put the Sun of Heaven in your heart. You can do this by placing Jesus Christ, Who in the Trinity of God created our Universe, upon a throne at the center of your heart! He deserves that position and that kind of respect. He was first God The Son, but when born in human flesh He became the only sinless and righteous person who ever lived. Yet He sacrificed Himself on a cross for your sake, taking all guilt and sins upon Himself— for you and for me, for all people everywhere— so that whoever wishes for salvation might be rescued from the due punishment of sins.
18. If you will do this, you will gain a new contentment and peace as you accept God's organizational plan for the Universe. . . because you'll be letting God be the Ruler of All Things in this world. . . and in your own life.
The Sun of Heaven will then reign in your life as the supreme Power that governs all things. The Bible calls Jesus Christ both “the Sun of Heaven” and “the Sun of Righteousness.” When you place Christ in your heart, He will lead you to a new life of righteousness. The Holy Spirit will start to rebuild you in the image of God, making you more like Jesus. You’ll become a brother (or sister) to Jesus Christ!
19. All it really takes is a simple but sincere little prayer— one that you should make up in your own words. The prayer for deliverance and for God's leadership should come from your own heart!
Some important elements that you might include are:
1) your desire to turn away from the wrongness or evil of your past life, and your remorse over the sins of your previous life,
2) your desire for God's forgiveness and mercy through the act of sacrifice of His Only Begotten Son (Jesus Christ),
3) your desire to know God's leadership in your life,
4) your desire to learn more of God's truth through Bible study,
5) your desire to find fellowship with genuine believers.
After accepting forgiveness through Jesus Christ, you must sincerely seek to turn away from evil, to the best of your ability; and you must further seek to gain knowledge of God's will through a diligent study of the Holy Scriptures of the Bible. Also, you must not neglect to maintain a fellowship and communication with God through the device of daily prayer.
20. This Sunday, don’t just worship the sun, like the followers of Baal, the Roman polytheists, and the pagans. You shouldn’t worship nature like the pantheists and the animists. The supernatural does exist, because God’s Spirit is above and behind the natural world... and superior to it. So don’t worship the sun and the stars like the naturalistic science advocates, the humanists, the evolutionists, and many of our modern-day science-fiction fans!
Don’t go out to worship the sun and stars this Sunday. Instead, go out to a good Bible-believing church and worship the Holy One Who is the Sun of Heaven— Jesus Christ, Who is both the Son of God and God The Son. Jesus Christ is the Sun of Heaven, and He is the Light of the World!
When you accept Jesus into your heart, His Light will transform your own mind and heart. Your purpose and goals will be changed, because you’ll want other people to learn about the good news of Jesus Christ’s resurrection. You’ll want to share the light, and you’ll want to worship the Sun of Heaven in a house of God!
This Sunday, bless the Father in Heaven by honoring His Son, of Whom He is very proud.
Jesus said of the people of God that "The kingdom of heaven is like a net that God has cast into the sea, and it gathers of every kind: When it is full, it will be pulled up on the shore, where they will sit down to sort the catch, and they will collect the good fish in baskets, but the bad things will be thrown away. This is the way it will be at the end of the world: The angels shall come forth, and they will separate the unrighteous persons from among those justified by God. . ."
Excerpt from the book of Matthew, who was a constant
companion of Jesus and his devoted disciple [13:47-50].
Jesus spoke of the people of God as being like a seed that is growing secretly, saying, "As for the kingdom of God, it is as if a person should cast seed into the ground; and then he sleeps, and he rises up night and day to see that the seed is springing forth and always growing up, although he knows not exactly how. The Earth is bringing forth fruit from itself; first the blade, then the ears of corn, and after that the fullness of the ears of corn. And when all the fruit of the Earth has come forth, immediately God will use the sickle to reap the fields, because the harvest-time has come."
Excerpt from the book of Mark [4:26-29].
It's also important for all of us to remember this:
1) WE SPEAK TO GOD by our prayers.
2) GOD SPEAKS TO US by the words of Holy Scripture.
So we must try to read His words and His Book just as often as we possibly can!!
God wants to bless you for all your long efforts to understand this very confusing and difficult Universe in which we live so let Him reward your search with the grace of His forgiveness and enlightenment!
THIS GUIDE WAS WRITTEN FOR YOU BY. . .
Ken Street, a baptized follower of the Way.
Copyright 2006 by Roddy Kenneth Street, Jr.
This is one of more than 80 Street Tracts available at:
ArkJ.net, WorldwideChristianTracts.net and OnlineChristianTracts.org,
Christian-Tracts.net, Gospel-Tracts.net and Bible-Tracts.net,
ChristianTracts.us, GospelTracts.us and BibleTracts.us,
ChristianGospelTracts.net, ChristianBibleTracts.net, and ChristianGospelTracts.org,
Christian-Tracts.org, Gospel-Tracts.org and Bible-Tracts.org,
GodspeedTracts.net and GodsendTracts.net ...!
Visit these sites for free e-tracts, printing patterns & more good stuff !
E-mail: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org